Monday, February 25, 2008

And We're Rolling

After spending a few hours exploring the world of The Movies last week, I decided that this week, I would officially open my studio.  Thus, the story of Cheep Chick Studios (note: the studio name is the result of a song that was stuck in my head and an odd logo on the game menu--it is not meant as an insult to the ladies) has begun.

While my start-up studio is still at the bottom of the charts, the hiring of two directors has allowed me to become extremely productive.  The studio is turning out movies at a record pace, although none of my movies have earned more than one star from the critics.  With regard to my video game persona, I have decided to cast myself as the aloof, thick-skinned, independent film producer, who doesn't care what the critics have to say.  At this point, I am mostly concerned with helping my actors, directors, writers, and crew members gain valuable experience that will help us dominate in the future.

As far as the game play is concerned, I am still not well versed in some of the "rules" that will help my staff make better movies.  For instance, when casting the male lead in an action movie, the ideal actor is over 30 and has a good physique.  With movies in the romance genre, I need to make sure that I cast an actor with a high "looks" rating.  As for the comedy, horror, and sci-fi genres, I have not yet unlocked the secrets to proper casting.  

My employees in the research department will soon unlock the features that will allow me to make my own movies, so next week, I think that I'll take a "stab" at directing my first film.  

No comments: